The first week of a new year is the perfect time to “begin as you mean to go on.” That means you think about what you want 2019 to look like and start working toward that goal the very first week!
For me that includes thumbing through some of my favorite books that help me focus on my purpose and goals. Here are 5 I’ll be reading to kick off 2019! (affiliate links included)
- Unexpected Blessings by Sandra Peoples – I believe there are five phases special-needs parents go through and this book walks you through all five. Read it and see what God has planned for your Plan B life!
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp – One of my favorite daily devotions! A great habit to start in 2019.
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown – You’re going to have to say no to some things in 2019 so you can say yes to the most important things. This books helps!
- Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges – I can grow complacent in seeing the seriousness of my own sins. This book reminds me how dangerous “respectable sins” like pride, envy, and irritability actually are and helps me confess those sins and ask the Holy Spirit to help.
- Cozy Minimalist Home by Myquillyn Smith – After you take down the Christmas decorations is the perfect time to evaluate what feelings you want your home to give to your family and friends. Myquillyn’s book will guide you through the steps you can take to get the home you want.
If you want to read Unexpected Blessings with other special-needs parents, you can join the online group that’s starting on Jan. 7th! Sign up today: http://bit.ly/UnexpectedBlessingsTogether