My friend Julie (who serves as the inclusion coordinator for special-needs families at our church) and I recorded a video for all the VBS teachers and helpers to get an overview of how to best include kids with invisible disabilities! I edited the one for our church down to a shorter version that anyone could use to help your volunteers understand the basics of inclusion. You can check out both versions below!
More Helpful Resources:
- 3 Steps for Welcoming Kids with Special Needs at VBS from Lifeway Research
- VBS: A Plan for Inclusion from Key Ministry: The Podcast
- Buddy training video
- Amazon list of ideas for buddy bags
- Tools and Tips to Help VBS Go Smoother for Every Child
- Supporting Students with Invisible Disabilities