For most churches, disability ministry starts in children’s ministry. But as these children grow and mature, they are ready for inclusion in youth and NextGen ministry!
There are unique challenges to inclusion at this level. Your ministry is designed for more independence and less structure, but not everyone is ready for that at the same rate. But there are lots of resources to help to make inclusion easier on you and your team!
- Slides from “Supporting Students with Invisible Disabilities“
- Buddy training video and slides (includes behavior management help)
- Reverse inclusion (blog post)
Resources coming soon:
- Tips for a smooth transition from children’s ministry to youth ministry
- Encouraging friendships between typical students and those with disabilities
- Behavior management tips for distracting students